REPARATORY DEVOTION OF THE FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS



REPARATORY DEVOTION OF THE FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS




















T
he most remarkable part of the first Apparition in Pontevedra is the incomparable promise made by Our Lady to all those who make the Repairing Devotion of the Five First Saturdays, under the conditions required: I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the Graces Necessary for the salvation of their souls.

This amazing grace, from which even the most holy souls can not be sure, is unconditionally vowed to all those who do this Devotion. This serves as an indication of the great power of intercession that God has bestowed on the Blessed Virgin for the salvation of souls.
The confessor of Lucia later asked her a series of questions about the Apparitions of Pontevedra. One of the questions was: Why five Saturdays and not nine or seven, in honor of the Sorrows of Our Lady? After receiving the questions, she asked Our Lord to illustrate the answers, which a few days later she gave to her confessor. Here is what she wrote:
“When I was in the chapel with Our Lord, part of the night of May 29-30, 1930, we know that it was in the habit of making a holy hour from eleven o’clock until midnight, especially Thursday night, According to the orders of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monia. I told her about questions four and five, and suddenly I felt more intimately dominated by the Divine Presence, and if I am not mistaken, this is what was revealed to me:
My child, the reason is simple. There are five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
Blasphemies against His Perpetual Virginity.
Blasphemies against His Divine Motherhood, in rejecting at the same time, to recognize her as the Mother of men.
The blasphemies of those who try to sow publicly in the hearts of children indifference or contempt or even hatred for this Immaculate Mother.
The offenses of those who outrage it directly in Her Holy Images.
There, My child, is the reason why the Immaculate Heart of Mary inspired Me to ask for this little Act of Reparation and, in consideration of it, to move My Mercy to forgive those souls who have had the misfortune to offend Her. As for you, seek incessantly, through your prayers and sacrifices, to move My Mercy with those poor souls. ”
We have, in this communication of Our Lord, one of the most important ideas in the Message of Fatima: Since God decided to manifest His Plan of Love, which is to bestow His Graces upon men through the mediation of the Immaculate Virgin, his refusal to submit with docility to that Divine Will is a sin that particularly wound His Heart, and by which He no longer finds in Himself any inclination to forgive. That sin is unforgivable, for there is no more unforgivable crime as to our Savior than to despise His Most Holy Mother and to revile Her Immaculate Heart, which is the Sanctuary of the Holy Spirit.

In Pontevedra, the Virgin came to fulfill the promise made at Fatima on the 13th July 1917: to ask for the communion of reparation on the first Saturdays and the Consecration of Russia to the Inmaculate Heart of Mary.
Lucia de Jesús arrived in Pontevedra to begin her preparation for the Novitiate in the Dorotheas Sisters, at the end of October 1925. For more than four years, abandoning her house in Aljustrel and the unforgettable places of the Apparitions, she has been educated, In a school in the city of Porto. It is there that she feels the call of God for the religious life and, from there, leaves for Pontevedra to begin the preparatory months for the novitiate.
The Sisters of the Dorotheas had bought the old house of the Marquises of Riestra in Pontevedra, on the Crossing of Isabel Il, very close to the Basilica of Santa María la Mayor. It is there that Lucia occupies a room, now converted into an oratory and where the apparition of the Virgin takes place, which comes to fulfill what was promised in Cova de Iria (Portugal).
Let us first remember the conversation, as Lucia relates, in which the Virgin promises this Apparition in Pontevedra. On July 13, 1917, after asking the Virgin for a miracle so that everyone would believe in the apparitions, Lucia’s text; Follows literally like this:
In October I will say who I am and what I want; And I will do a miracle so that all believe. Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially whenever you do some sacrifice:
“O Jesus, it is for your love, for the conversion of sinners, and for reparation of the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary”
As She said these last words, She opened her hands again, as in the past few months. The reel seemed to penetrate the earth; And we saw it as a sea of fire: Submerged in this fire (were) the demons and the souls, as if they were transparent and black embers or bronzed, human form, floating in the fire, carried by the flames that came out of them, Along with clouds of smoke. Catan everywhere, resembling the fall of the pavesas in the great fires, without balance; Between cries and moans of pain and despair, which horrified and made her tremble with terror. It must have been in the sight of this that I said that ¡Ay! they say they heard me.
The demons were distinguished by their horrible and disgusting forms of frightening and unknown animals, but transparent like black coals. Frightened, and as if to ask for help, we looked up at Our Lady, who told us of goodness and sorrow: You have seen the hell, where the souls of the poor sinners go.
To save them, God wants to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. If you do what I tell you, many souls will be saved, and they will have peace. To ask for it I will come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the restorative communion of the first Saturdays. If they respond to my requests, Russia will be converted and there will be peace. If not, it will spread its errors throughout the world, promoting wars and persecutions to the Church. The good will be martyred; The Holy Father will have much to suffer; Several nations will be annihilated.
FINALLY MY IMMACULATE HEART WILL TRIUMPH
The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, which will become; And the world will be granted some time of peace.
Well, that promise is fulfilled by the Virgin on December 10, 1925, appearing to Lucia, humble postulant Dorotea, in her cell of Pontevedra. Let Sister Lucia herself, with her simplicity, tell us the facts:
On December 10, 1925. The Blessed Virgin appeared to me, and beside her, as if suspended in a luminous cloud, a child. The Blessed Virgin put her hand on her shoulder, and showed at the same time a Heart in her other hand, surrounded by thorns. At that moment, the Child said:
Have pity on the Heart of your Blessed Mother who is covered with thorns, which ungrateful men are constantly pressing on; Without anyone doing an act of reparation to get rid of them.
Immediately the Blessed Virgin said: “Look, my daughter, my heart surrounded by thorns, which ungrateful men are constantly entreating me with blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to comfort me; And say:
TO ALL THAT, DURING FIVE MONTHS ON THE FIRST SATURDAY.
CONFESSED, RECEIVE THE HOLY COMMUNION, PRAY THE HOLY ROSARY, MAKE ME 15 MINUTES OF COMPANY, MEDITATING IN THE FIFTEEN MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY, IN ORDER TO DISAGRAVIATE ME, I PROMISE YOU TO ATTEND AT THE TIME OF DEATH WITH ALL THE GRACES YOU NEED FOR YOUR SALVATION.

Lucia, referring to herself, describes the encounter in the third person:
“On December 10, 1925, the Most Holy Virgin appeared to her and next to her, suspended in a luminous cloud, a Child. The Blessed Virgin, putting a hand on her shoulder, showed her at the same time a Heart that was in the other Hand, surrounded by thorns. At the same time the Child said to her: Have pity on the Heart of your Blessed Mother who is covered with thorns that ungrateful men continually nail it, without anyone doing an act of reparation to tear them out.
Immediately the Blessed Virgin said: Look, My child, My Heart surrounded by thorns, which ungrateful men are continually clinging to Me with blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to comfort me and say that all those who DURING FIVE MONTHS, ON THE FIRST SATURDAY, will confess, receive Holy Communion, pray the third part of the Rosary and do 15 minutes of company, meditating on the 15 Mysteries of the Rosary, in order to redress me, I promise to assist them in the hour of death with all the Graces necessary for the salvation of their souls.
Then, Lucia did what she could to make known this new request of Our Lady. She told her Mother Superior, her confessor in the convent, and even wrote to her former confessor. Both confessors had reservations and advised to wait ».
Despite the reservations of her confessors, soon Lucia would be urged to continue working to make known this request. She tells us:
“On February 15, 1926, I was very busy with my trades and I no longer remembered that almost nothing; And, going to throw a garbage can out of the property, where a few months ago she had found a child, she had asked if he knew the Hail Mary; He had answered yes; I told him to tell me to hear it; But as he did not decide to say it alone, I said it with him three times.
At the end of the three Hail Marys, I asked him to say it alone; But he was silent and could not say it alone; I asked him if he knew the Church of Santa Maria; He answered yes I told him to go there every day and say like this: “Oh, my Mother of Heaven, give me your Child Jesus”. I showed him this and went inside.
On that day, then, the 15-2-1926, returning there as usual, I found a child who seemed to me to be the same; And I asked him then: Have you asked the Child Jesus to the Mother of Heaven?
The child turns to me, and says: And you, have you spread through the world that which the Mother of Heaven asked you?
Saying this, he becomes a resplendent Child; Knowing that it was Jesus, I said: My Jesus, you know well what my confessor told me in the letter that I read to you; He told me that it was necessary that this vision should be repeated; That he would have done to make it credible; And that the Mother Superior alone, to propagate that fact, could not.
It is true that the Mother Superior alone can do nothing, but with My Grace everything can; And it is enough that your confessor gives you leave and that your Superiora says it, so that it is believed; Even without knowing who it was revealed to.
But my confessor said in the letter that this devotion was not necessary in the world, because there were already many souls who received you on the First Saturdays in honor of Our Lady and the fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary.
It is true, My child, that many souls begin them, but few finish them; And that those who finish them, is in order to receive the graces that are promised to them; But I am more fond of those who do the First Saturdays with fervor, and in order to redress the Heart of your Mother of Heaven, those who make the fifteen, lukewarm and indifferent.
He presented to Jesus the difficulties that some souls had of confessing on the Saturdays and asked that the confession of eight days be valid. Jesus answered: Yes, it may be many more days yet, provided, when they receive Me, they are in grace and intend to make reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Jesus, and those who forget to have this intention?
You can do it in another confession next, taking advantage of the first occasion they had to confess.
After that, the Child Jesus disappeared without saying anything more. ”

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas